Biggin House Door

.

The Biggin House Door

The door of The Biggin, as it was known, was made for Henry Cromwell (1659-1711), it was removed and fitted to Ramsey Abbey in 1759. Where it remained until 1935 when Diana Broughton gave it to Lord Fairhaven, who used it as the entrance to the rose garden at Anglesey Abbey (cambridgeshire). The handle of the door is inscribed with the initials H.C (Henry Cromwell) who was the last of the Cromwells to inhabit the Biggin house.