Clifton

The Abbey of Ramsey also owned lands in Clifton, which amounted to 1 hide at the time of the Great Survey (Domesday) and which were held of the abbey by Leofwine or Lewin both before and after the Conquest.  This land is mentioned again in 1184-9 as belonging to the abbey, but after that date no further trace can be found.  (ref 28)

Back