In the Domesday Book Ramsey Abbey agrarian holding in 1066 was 9 hides and the value of the estates as £8, rising to £8 - 6s in 1095 and £18 in 1170.
Alwara, a noble Saxon woman, granted Holliwelle (Holywell), to the abbey together with the church. In the Church chancel of St John the Baptist Holywell, is a stained glass window showing Oswald presenting the deeds of the manor of Needingworth to the first Abbot of Ramsey in 969. The arms of the Abbey are in the bottom left hand corner. (Ref 25)