Information about Worlick House is very scarce and in 1242 Worlick is recorded as ‘Wilwerihc’
Many pottery sherds of the 14th and 17th centuries together with a large amount of 17th century building debris have been recovered from the site. In an old map of Huntingdonshire the house is shown with a tower at either end and this could possibly signify fortifications. The grounds nearby are mentioned as CoI.Cromwell’s park and tradition has it that one of the Cromwells lived at Worlick House.
The present house appears to have been built sometime in the 1730s on the site of a former building. There was an old barn behind it, which was blown down in the 1980s, and further over towards the moat on the right there was once a building used as a coach-house. The present house can be recognised from afar, because it has a bright red corrugated roof.
Behind the house are the remains of the eel ponds once used by Ramsey Abbey to store eels. The monks had to supply the monks of Ely and Peterborough with over 4,000 eels every Lent.