At the time of the Domesday survey (1086) the Abbot of Ramsey had half a hide at Bluntisham, which was assessed to the geld. This probably the land in Bluntisham held by Guy de Auco, a tenant of Ramsey Abbey, early in the 12th century. It descended to his son Gilbert son of Guy, the sewer (dapifer), who was dealing with it in the time of Reynold, Abbot of Ramsey (1114-30). Apparently it followed the descent of Stow Manor in Woodhurst (q.v.) until the time of Simon Bishop of Salisbury (1297-1315), when the Abbot of Ramsey regained possession, and it probably became absorbed into another of the abbot’s manors