The abbey was dissolved in 1539.
The landscape of the site changed dramatically again. The Abbey was used as a quarry. All the major buildings were dismantled and the stone and lead sold. It would seem from the excavations that many of the ditches and the lode were backfilled, the whole area seems to have been levelled. Within the post medieval layers there is a large date range for the pottery, from the earliest to post-medieval. Bourne D, Bourne D type and Post-Medieval Redware are the predominant types, but there is a substantial amount of out of context pottery.
The Tudor house was erected sometime about 1558. Probably associated with this building activity was the post-medieval clamp kiln that was uncovered in this Area 2. The clamp kiln itself was surrounded by brick wasters of a form and thickness common in the Tudor period. Brick clamp kilns work by building the kiln itself from the bricks which are to be fired.
The dried bricks are stacked and covered with insulating mud It was also common to use layers of ash at the base of the clamp to increase the firing temperature which leads to damage to the lower bricks. The discarded bricks excavated indicate that this process was being carried out here.
Layers of ash and the amount and location of waster material is probably indicative of multiple re-uses of this area for brick making. An example of the levelling is the existence of prehistoric, Roman and 17th Century Black-Glazed ware sherds overlay the brick clamp remains.
In the test pits of 2012 in the east of Area 4 some post medieval features were found. A shallow rubbish pit, a small posthole and the remains of a garden wall. It is thought that these relate to either the building or the extension of the house.